Regulations For Submission of Film(s) to the Out in Africa South African Gay and Lesbian Film Festival
- No films to be submitted without complete entry forms.
- If you are sending by Airmail – please register the parcel so that the Festival must sign for it in South Africa, otherwise post tends to go astray.
- All DVDs to be clearly labelled.
- All submissions to include the following: approx. 200 word synopsis, 2 stills from the film either in hard copy or scanned to JPEG with 300 dpi, complete filmography/biography of the director.
- DVDs and any promotional material submitted will not be returned to the sender.
- No material sent at charge of Festival will be accepted.
- We can preview NTSC or PAL – DVD
- In the event of your film being selected it must be available in Beta SP PAL, Digi Beta PAL format or 35mm print in English or with English subtitles. We can work with NTSC.
- The holder of copyright authorises the Festival to make excerpts of a maximum of three minutes available to television channels and for use on the Out in Africa website for the promotion of the film and the Festival.
- The holder of the copyright authorises the Festival to make a copy of the film for distribution to the press in South Africa.
- The holder of the copyright authorises the Festival to make excerpts of a maximum of three minutes available to television channels and for use on the Out in Africa website for the promotion of the film and the Festival.
- In the eventuality of your film being included in the OIA line-up, we request exclusivity – that is your confirmation that the film will not screen at any other South African Film Festival until it has screened at the OIA Festival.
OIA will be holding 3 festivals in 2012. The submission deadline is 3 months before each outing: Festival dates are:
- Friday 12 April to 21 April 2013 (9 days) (submission deadline end January 2013)
- Friday 19 July to Sunday 28 July (9 days) (submission deadline end April 2013)
- Wed 16 October (Opening JHB) / Thu 17 Octobr (Opening CT) / Friday 18 to Sunday 27 October (9 days) (submission deadline end July 2013)